How To Choose a Contractor

How To Choose a Contractor

July 15, 2015


Everyday, I am asked the following question: How do I choose a Contractor to update, remodel, or repair my home? In my opinion, the following are the characteristics I would look for:
1) General Liability Insurance with at least $1,000,000 in coverage. Please remember to obtain as copy of the insurance certificate and call the Insurance Agent to verify status.

2) A copy of the General Contractors  or Contractors Drivers License

3) References , at least 3 with pictures of actual work performed by the General Contractor or Contractor

4) If a Licensed Trade, like an Electrician or Plumber, please verify License Status with the State

And never ever pay for the job upfront. Depending on the job, at most pay 40% upfront and please mandate that the Contractor work on a draw monetary schedule. For example, 40% to start the job, 30% when the job is 60% complete and the rest or other 40% when the job is complete.

Thank you and GOD BLESS

stay tuned

Robert Campbell

Houston Remodeling Contractors






Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *